Home   News   Article

Pair taken to hospital after breathing-in smoke in blaze at Oakham home




Two people were evacuated from a home in Nightingale Way, Oakham after breathing-in smoke in a bedroom blaze.

The pair were taken to Peterborough City Hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation following the fire which occurred around 8.20pm last night (Thursday, October 26).

There was moderate fire damage to a mattress and curtains and it believed the blaze started as a result of an unattended tea light.

An ambulance was called to the scene due to a man suffering smoke inhalation.

Fire crews from Melton Mowbray and Oakham used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

The fire service said in a statement following the fire: “The fire service advises that tea lights and other naked flames should never be left unattended.

Always extinguish the naked flame should you wish to leave the room where it has been lit.”



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More