Home   News   Article

Person suffers smoke damage in Cottesmore fire




One person was treated for smoke inhalation by an ambulance crew following a fire at a home in Wenton Close, Cottesmore today (November 29).

There was five percent smoke damage to a utility room as a result of the blaze which took place around 2.50pm.

Fire crews from Oakham and Uppingham attended the incident. They used two sets of breathing apparatus and one jet to tackle the blaze.

On arrival crews found that the property was smoke logged and allowed to ventilate naturally.

The fire service believes the cause of the blaze was accidental.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More