The owner of a motocross track will no longer be able to hold events there after councillors refused to grant him planning permission.
Clyde Thompson, who owns Enduro UK motocross track between Witham-on-the-Hill and Castle Bytham, applied for retrospective planning permission to change the use of the site to a motorcycle dirt track and retain mobile buildings and earthworks.
Mr Thompson was also seeking to expand the use of the track for 24 events during a 12-month period.
But the application was refused by South Kesteven District Council’s development control committee on Tuesday.
Councillors gave three reasons for rejecting Mr Thompson’s proposals.
They said increased use of the track would lead to more vehicles entering and leaving the Main Road exit, where visibility for oncoming drivers is poor.
A report said: “The consequent danger to highway safety and interruption that will be cause to other road users cannot be justified.”
Councillors were also concerned that drivers leaving the site would not be able to see oncoming traffic, causing more highway safety issues.
And members thought the noise caused by events at the track would disturb the “remoteness and tranquillity” of the area.
They were particularly worried about the impact on the neighbouring Stanton’s Pit Nature Reserve.
Mr Thompson is entitled to appeal the council’s decision, but will no longer be able to hold motocross events on the track.
He had been running competitions there since January and had seen a regular influx of riders from all over the UK.
He was unavailable for comment, but a statement on the Enduro UK website said a family fun day at the track due to be held on September 22 had been cancelled due to a “planning delay”.
The event would have include a free bouncy castle, barbecue and the use of the 1.5 mile track, with categories for riders aged 16 and over.
The statement added: “Sorry for any inconvenience caused.”