Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Poorly parked cars slowed Bourne firefighters from getting to chip pan fire at home on Elsea Park estate




Firefighters say they were slowed down by "poorly parked vehicles" from getting to a house fire last night but thankfully a working smoke alarm helped to prevent a "much worse fire".

Crews from Bourne, Deeping and Spalding were called to a chip pan fire at a home in Plumpton Chase, Bourne, just after 6.30pm last night (Monday, January 4).

But firefighters say there were slowed by "several vehicles that were very poorly parked, severely restricting access".

Fire news (43307312)
Fire news (43307312)

In a message posted on Facebook, Bourne Fire Station said the vehicles "slowed our progress getting to the incident".

They added: "We're asking everyone that lives in the Elsea Park area to please be considerate when parking your vehicles. Always have a look and think 'would a fire engine get through here?'

The flames were put out using a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus and officers also highlighted the importance of having working fire alarms.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue tweet stated: "Working smoke alarms alerted the occupiers to the fire and enabled them to leave the property safely. Whilst leaving, they closed the kitchen door which helped prevent a much worse fire.

"As its #TestItTuesday, make sure you test your smoke alarms today!"



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More