Drivers have been advised to avoid the town centre during Stamford Georgian Festival.
The following roads will be closed from 5am until 8pm tomorrow (Saturday):
- Broad Street (to the junction of Newgate Lane)
- Ironmonger Street
- Red Lion Street
- Red Lion Square (pedestrian area only)
- High Street
- St Mary’s Street (from junction of St Mary’s Place to junction of Maiden Lane)
- Maiden Lane
- Blackfriars Street (to the junction of Wharf Road)
- St George’s Street to the junction of St Leonard’s Street
- Castle Dyke will also be closed between 4.30pm and 4.45pm for the Bull Run
Free parking during the festival will be available at New College Stamford in Drift Road, on land opposite the Burghley Bottle Lodges entrance in London Road and at Cummins Generator Technologies in Barnack Road.
Residents with parking permits for Broad Street can park free of charge in any district council car park. Other residents within the road closure areas who wish to park in council car parks can apply for a discretionary free parking permit for windscreen display by calling Miki Gregory on 01476 406153.