Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Bourne special constable with Lincolnshire Police found guilty of gross misconduct after abusive and unjustified attack on man

A former special police constable with Lincolnshire Police who admitted assaulting a person and preventing them from leaving his house was today (Monday, February 3) found guilty of gross misconduct.

Special Constable Scott Wilson, who was based in Bourne, resigned from the force after he received a caution for common assault.

Lincolnshire Police Chief Constable Bill Skelly today (Monday, February 3) ruled the behaviour of former special constable Wilson amounted to gross misconduct and said he would have been dismissed from the Force had he not already resigned.


Mr Skelly told the hearing it was clear to him that the conduct of former special constable Wilson was "serious, physically abusive and wrong".

Lincolnshire Police had alleged that former special constable Wilson breached the standards of professional behaviour by carrying out an abusive and unjustified physical attack.

It was alleged that on September 29, 2019, whilst off duty, during an argument with another person he prevented them from leaving his house forcing them to remain with him.

It was further alleged that sometime between August 1, 2019 and September 29, 2019, whilst off duty, he assaulted that person by pushing them and causing them bruising.

Gemma Webster, representing the authority, said former special constable Wilson was off duty when officers were called to an incident on September 29 last year in which he locked a person in his house and prevented them from leaving.

It was disclosed that special constable Wilson had been involved in another incident two weeks earlier in which he pushed the person to the chest.

Mrs Webster said the assault was witnessed by a minor but no complaint was made.

The hearing was told that on October 14, 2019 former special constable Wilson received a simple adult caution for this common assault. He resigned from his role with the dorce four days later.

Mr Wilson did not attend the hearing but was represented by Phil Clark from the Police Federation.

Mr Clark said Mr Wilson admitted the allegations and had submitted a letter for the chief constable to consider.

Policing and crime news here

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More