Stamford Town Council calls meeting following mayor's resignation
Stamford Town Council has called an "Extra Ordinary meeting of the Town Council" to be held in two weeks time to discuss matters arising from the shock resignation of Max Sawyer.
Mr Sawyer quit his position as town mayor after walking out of a council meeting on July 24.
In a follow up statement released three days later, he said he had taken the decision to “put my mental health first”.
Items on the agenda for the August 15 meeting include his resignation, support for deputy mayor Breda Griffin and "Consideration of Press Release following the resignation of the former mayor".
The full agenda is:
1. Apologies and reasons for absence
2. Declarations of Interests: Members are reminded to declare any interests
which may arise on matters for discussion at the meeting
3. Resignation of Councillor Max Sawyer and Town Council Vacancy
4. Support for the Deputy Mayor during this Mayoral term
5. To consider the expenses of former Mayor Councillor Max Sawyer and
awarding of Mayoral Allowance to Deputy Mayor for this Mayoral term
6. Support of the nominated Mayoral Charities during this Mayoral term
7. Confirmation of Town Council Meeting Procedure following the meeting
of the Scrutiny and Audit Committee
8. Consideration of Press Release following the resignation of the former
9. Consideration of alteration of Complaints panel due to the resignation of
Councillor Max Sawyer
The meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, August 15 at the Stamford Town Hall at 7pm.
For Mr Sawyer's full resignation statement, visit: