Two suffer severe burns in barbecue fire

Share this article
Have your say

AN EXPLOSION caused by petrol being poured on to a barbecue left two people with severe burns and set a garden fence ablaze in Northborough yesterday (Sunday).

Fire crews were called out at 5.28pm to the house in Pingle Lane.

When they arrived at the property the crews discovered a large amount of fencing on fire, spreading towards the house.

Two men were treated for burns at the scene and one was taken to hospital for further treatment.

Watch manager at Dogsthorpe Fire Station in Peterborough, Tony Fitzjohn said: “Never pour petrol or any other accelerant onto a bonfire or barbecues.

“Due to this action two people had suffered serve burns needing further action.”