TWO thatched cottages were destroyed in a blaze in Maxey last night (Wednesday).
Flames of up to 20 feet were seen above the thatched roofs of the houses, on School Lane, near High Street in Maxey.
Fire crews were called to the incident at 6.35pm and relief crews were called to assist in the operation.
Seven crews battled the blaze.
Nobody is thought to have been injured in the blaze.
Peterborough city councillor Peter Hiller, who lives nearby, saw the scenes after a line of fire engines drove past his house.
He said tonight: “I heard the engines come at around 6.40pm. At that time it was just smouldering but the thatched roof caught on fire, and then I think it must have spread to the next door house.”