UPDATE THURSDAY 5PM: Unattended cooking leads to kitchen fire in Bourne
A kitchen fire at a business in Bourne broke out after cooking was left unattended, it has emerged today.
Crews from Bourne and Spalding were called to a “commercial kitchen” in North Street, Bourne, just before 5pm on Wednesday.
A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The owner initially attempted to extinguish the fire using a dry powder extinguisher.
“However, it was eventually put out by fire crews using a hose reel jet and a fan was used after the fire was extinguished to ventilate the property.
“The cause was cooking left unattended.”
BREAKING NEWS WEDNESDAY 6.20PM: Fire crews at kitchen blaze in Bourne
Firefighters from three stations are currently at the scene of a kitchen blaze at a building in Bourne.
Crews from the town, as well as Spalding and Billingborough, were called to a property in North Street, Bourne, shortly before 5pm.
There is no news yet as to what caused the fire, nor whether there are any casualties.