Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Updated: Firefighters tackle dramatic house dishwasher blaze in Ayston Road, Uppingham




About 16 firefighters from two counties raced to tackle a blaze sparked by a faulty dishwasher at a terraced house in Uppingham last night (Monday) after the alarm was raised by a sharp-eyed passer-by.

Four engines dashed to the scene - one from Uppingham, two from Oakham and one from Corby - when the shocked eye-witness called 999 to report the devastating incident in busy Ayston Road at 6.03pm.

The shocked passer-by responded immediately after hearing a fire alarm and spotted a flickering light, thought to be the blaze, inside the three-floor property.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More