Visiting to be gradually reintroduced at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust which runs Stamford Hospital and Peterborough City Hospital
Visiting restrictions imposed on hospitals in the area are set to be gradually relaxed.
From Wednesday (October 13), the North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust will partially lift visiting restrictions at its hospitals which includes Stamford and Peterborough City Hospital.
Restrictions were re-introduced in August following a spike of covid cases in the area.
Jo Bennis, chief nurse for the trust, said: “After careful consideration we have made the decision to re-introduce visiting in a controlled way which allows us to continue reviewing the coronavirus infection prevalence both within our hospitals and in the local communities we serve. "
The trust is still practising two metre social distancing, mandatory mask wearing and thorough hand hygiene.
Visitors are also urged to participate in bi-weekly lateral flow testing.
Jo said: “We do have some departments and wards that will not be able to accommodate visitors.
"This has been challenging at times, but our staff are working really hard to support the patients in these areas as much as possible using our Letters to Loved Ones initiative and by using the iPad facilities that are available across our wards.”
For general visiting this will include:
- Green non-covid wards: One visitor per day (the same person each day) during allocated visiting hours:
- Odd numbered patient beds 1pm to 2pm
- Even numbered patient beds 3pm to 4pm
- Discretion for visiting outside of these identified visiting times on an individual patient basis
- Emergency Department: One person to accompany if the patient meets the criteria of needing a carer with them and social distancing can be maintained. This is at the discretion of the clinician. This includes AAU, ACU, MAU and MSSU (at PCH)
- Outpatients: No accompanying individuals unless they are a carer for patient or at the discretion of the treating clinician
- Critical Care: One/ two visitor per day, for one hour maximum. Discretion to be used if this needs to be altered.
- Amazon/ Holly ward: Visiting parent/carer of a child in addition to the resident parent. No children to be permitted
- End of life care: Two visitors for an unspecified time.
- Carers: One carer for adult patients to support in exceptional circumstances such as dementia, anxiety or learning disability for an unspecified time
- Maternity: Visiting will remain as it has been operating previously
The trust discourages visiting from people aged between 11 and 18-years-old due to an increase in infection rates in this age group regionally and nationally.