Winners of the Rutland and Stamford Mercury Business Awards 2020 announced
The winners of the 15th annual Mercury Business Awards for 2020 are announced today (Friday, January 15).
Kerry Coupe, editor of the Mercury, said: "We are proud to announce the winners of the 2020 Mercury Business Awards today and would like to congratulate all of our winners, and nominees.
"It may not be in the way we would normally with a glittering ceremony at Greetham Valley, or with a presentation day at our office, which have both had to be cancelled because of the pandemic.
"But the pandemic means it has never been more important to celebrate the fantastic businesses across Stamford, Rutland, Bourne and the Deepings, which have had a difficult time but are still the heart and soul of our area and doing amazing things."
When it is safe to do so, each of the winners will receive a trophy made from Lincolnshire Limestone kindly supplied by Clipsham Stone Cutting Company.
The winners are:
- Best New Start-Up - Radfield Home Care Stamford
- Best Independent Retailer - Rutland Cycling - sponsored by Oldrids and Downtown
- Customer Care - The March Hare Tearooms in Corby Glen - sponsored by Bluebird Care
- Best Social Enterprise - Second Helpings in Stamford - sponsored by Stamford College
- Business Innovation - NetSupport Ltd in Market Deeping - sponsored by Alltech
- Businessperson of the Year - Melissa Webb of Mellow Doodles in Stamford - sponsored by the Danish Invader
- Team of the Year - Wright Care at Home in Stamford - sponsored by South Kesteven District Council
- Great Taste - The Catering Crew in Morton
- Small Business of the Year - CLM in Ketton
- Large Business of the Year - Rutland Cycling
Special thanks go to the sponsors and judges of our 2020 awards, especially in the circumstances.
Our sponsors are: Oldrids and Downtown, Bluebird Care, Stamford College, Alltech, the Danish Invader and South Kesteven District Council; and our associate sponsors are: Welland Vale, Clipsham Stone Cutting and Viking Signs.
Thanks also go to Richard Olsen, of Olsen Metrix, Simon Spooner, of Knife Fork and Spooner, and Andrew Heeler and Ashley Sutherland, of Hegarty Solicitors, for their assistance with judging.
From today, reporters will be contacting each of the winners to find out their stories and reaction to winning the awards.
A special supplement will be featured in next week's Mercury, out on Friday, January 22, when we will also reveal the winner of the Covid Bounceback award.