Cottesmore Amateurs have lost a manager but gained a team in an eventful pre-season at Rogues Park.
Former boss Steve Duffy announced his departure this week, while the club have confirmed that a reserves side will return to league football in the forthcoming season.
Duffy, who was joined at the helm by Gary Drake last summer, said: “I’m going to take a break for a while.
“I would like to thank all the people who have helped over the years. Considering where we were after the fire, the club is looking up.”
Relaunching the reserves is a major step in the rebuilding process since the club suffered extensive fire damage two summers ago and the side will be managed by Neil Miller.
Chairman Allan Westray said: “It’s very good to get the reserves running.
“We had 20 or so players last year which meant not all could be involved in matches – now they can.
“An U18s side is not going to go ahead. There must be kids out there that want to play football and hopefully we will get one or two youngsters coming through.”
Thanking Duffy for his commitment over the years, he added: “You could not buy the commitment to Cottesmore Amateurs that Steve gave. Without somebody of his calibre we would have struggled.
“He took the reins and got us through a dark period.”
The Leicestershire Senior League’s Premier Division has been expanded to 18 teams for the 2013-14 season and Cottesmore’s opening game will be on August 17.
Training begins with fitness testing at Melton Country Park on Wednesday with regular training at Rogues Park on July 6 from 10.30am. Pre-season friendlies begin on July 9.